Tuesday, May 13, 2008

SKATE YOUR LANE;; THIRTY

THIRTY;;

The whole scene reminded me of Christmastime with my family. There'd be turkey in the oven, the game would be on, and we all, and all meaning visiting relatives included, would fill the living room and kitchen with laughter.

"So babe, how was practice and shopping?" Sid asked, his lips near my neck.
"A blast. We got you stuff," I smiled, feeling him grin. He quickly kissed my neck, then leaned back into the couch, pulling me with him.
"Would you look at them, Nathalie," Trina crooned.
"It's like they were made for eachother," she finished.
I leaned my head back so I could see them, though they were upside down.
The two women were smiling, and Trina held a huge bowl, while Nathalie was snapping the ends off green beans.
"Oh, I'm so sorry!" I yelped, "I'll come help you guys."
"No, no. You enjoy the game. We've got it," Nathalie winked, making my cheeks tinge red.

At the beginning of the second intermission report, I told Sidney, "I'm gonna go change. Your mum told me to dress nice."
"Can I come get ready too?" he pouted.
"I guess.."
Everyone quickly dispersed to get dressed, so I followed Sid to his room.
"Now, no tomfoolery young man," I laughed as he shut the door.
"I'll use the bathroom to change, but I'll be fast. You'll just have to be quicker." I grabbed the dress from its bag and ventured into his bathroom.
After zipping it up, I saw a bottle of cologne on the counter.
"Ooh," I picked it up, smelling the cap and immediately recognizing it to be my
favourite of his.
Not long after, Sidney knocked.
"Are you decent?" I asked, trying not to laugh.
"No, I'm stark naked." I knew he was rolling his eyes.
"Well in that case," I laughed and opened the door.
"Sidney, will you wear this, please?" I asked sweetly, handing him the cologne as I put my clothes into the bag the dress came in.
"Why?"
"It's my favourite," I gave him the puppy eyes, and he caved.

Dinner was going quite well. It felt like we were all one huge family, celebrating Sidney's first playoffs.
Sid and I were seated across from eachother, and he had attempted to play footsie with me while my feet were tucked behind the chair's legs. Instead, he nearly felt up Nathalie Lemieux. Oh, but the look on his face was priceless.
After dinner, we all had dessert. Nathalie's famous carrot cake. It's to die for, and that's not even a joke. She bakes it for the guys at practice and after they win certain games against tough teams.
By the time that was all over, it was nearly ten thirty.
"Sidney, could you drive me home? It's getting late."
He nodded, and helped me collect my few bags as I said goodnight to everyone.

We sat outside my building in Sidney's Range Rover, and I asked, "Do you want to come up with me?"
"I dunno. Should I come up?"
"I think you should," I gave him a lingering kiss, feeling mischievous. I suppose Sid knew what it meant, because we were up in my apartment less than five minutes later.
The entire way up, our lips stayed connected, not once breaking until we got inside and I locked the door.

"Hold on, are you sure you're ready?" he asked in a concerned tone.
"I'm totally ready. Are you?"
Sidney smiled, swooping in to steal another kiss, but I pulled out of it.
"Before we forget," I went into Henry's room, rummaging through his nightstand. When I didn't find anything, I went into his top dresser drawer, finding his box of Trojans.
I nearly ran out, pulling Sidney into my room with me before my knees hit the bed and I fell.
On the bed, we took it slowly; carefully peeling off eachother's dinner attire, as if to remember every moment, and after that, we spent the rest of the night doing more than just talking about our day.

The next morning I woke up to find Sidney next to me. I smiled to myself and peeked under the covers, just to double check that what had happened last night wasn't some crazy dream.
When Sid woke up not long after I had, he sighed contently, hugging me tightly and pulling me into him, not bothering to open his eyes.
"Good morning," I told him softly, running my fingers along his side gently.
"Best morning of my life.. Right after the best night," he smiled, pressing his forehead to mine, then opened his eyes. I was surprised at first; they were the brightest I've ever seen them.. His eyes had a sparkle to them today.
"I could get used to this," he mumbled before pressing his lips to mine quickly.

Ten minutes later my phone began to ring, and I sat up, pulling the sheets with me, grabbing it off the night stand.
"Go start the shower, I'll be right there," I told him.
"Hello?"
"CB, YOU'RE TWENTY MINUTES LATE FOR PRACTICE!!" Jared, Casey, and Brett shouted into the receiver, then burst out laughing.
"Oh my.. No fricking way. I'm never.. Are you kidding?" I glanced at the clock.
9:20.
"Fuhh.." I grumbled, "I'll be there in like twenty. I'm really sorry."
"It's cool. We'll be here.. Playing Uno in the locker room," Brett told me, and I hung up before joining Sidney in the shower.

I got to the rink nearly an hour and a half later- no thanks to Sidney.
When I entered the locker room, I was shocked and suprised to see everyone there, still playing Uno.
"Jesus, you get lost or something?" Casey laughed at my flustered appearance.
"Yeah. How come you're so late? You're never late," Brett raised an eyebrow at me.

"If you must know. Henry's parents came down from Harrisburg to see if he's okay. They wanted me there, and I fell asleep. Then I had to say my goodbyes, go home, bathe, and change."
They totally believed it, and I sighed.
"I'm so, so sorry. If you guys want, we can just work until noon like we planned, or go till two.. thirty," I said, glancing at the clock on the wall.
Surprisingly, they actually wanted to work for the full four hours. I stretched, still extremely sore from last night and this morning's events, "Let's get to it."

No comments: