Saturday, June 7, 2008

SKATE YOUR LANE;; SIXTYTWO

SIXTYTWO;;

I stayed with Sidney until Wednesday, making sure he didn't do anything to make his injury worse.
"Aubrie, you don't need to baby me!" Sidney sighed once I got into the driver's side of my Rabbit.
My hand immediately brushed my stomach, but I quickly removed it, buckling my seatbelt and turning the car on.
Thankfully it was a cold winter, so I was constantly bundled up under layers of clothes to hide my growing stomach.
"It's my job, Sid. Just accept the fact that I'll be watching you like a hawk for the duration of your healing," I told him once we were on our way to the x-ray place.

I sat in the waiting room and texted Henry while the people were checking Sidney out.
I hadn't seen him since Friday; I'd spent just about all my time at the Lemieux. I only left to go to practices with the Langley boys.
My phone began to ring, so I answered it quickly.
"Hey Hen. It's good to hear from you.."
"How're you doing? How's Sidney?"
"He's frustrated and I'm doing my best to help.. But you know how that is."
"Have you told him yet?"
"Henry! Now's definitely not the time.. Sid's stressed enough already.. He doesn't need this on his shoulders right now."
I heard Henry sigh and I could just imagine the disappointed look on his face.
"I'll tell him once things settle down, I swear.."
"That's what you said a week ago."
"I know. But Sid got hurt. There was no way I was going to drop that bomb on him."
"Am I going to have to do this for you? He'll figure out that something's going on sooner or later, and you know he'll assume the worst."
"But, I.. I just wouldn't know what to say or when or how. It's stressing me out."
"You can't get too stressed, it's not good for the you-know-what."
"Thanks for not saying it.. I don't think I'm totally ready yet."
"Give it some time.. and tell Sidney. Then you'll be ready to take this on."
I rolled my eyes at my ever-persistent best friend.
"You need to stop trying to make me tell him! I'll do it when I feel like the time is right."
"Tell who what now?" I immediately stiffened, my back went rigid and I hung up my phone after muttering a quick goodbye.
I placed a smile on my face and answered without missing a beat, "Never you mind, Mister." I added a wink, "You free to go?"

A skeptical look crossed Sidney's face, but it was washed away when I got up and squoze his hand.
"Yeah.." he looked down at his foot, and I followed his gaze to see his white, fabric covered toes peeking out from a dark, plastic boot.
When I looked back up to Sid's face, I could see the anguish and discomfort in his eyes.
"Did they give you a timetable?"
"Six to eight weeks," he answered quietly as we walked out to my car.
"Oh, Sid.." I pulled him to a stop and wrapped my arms around him.
He returned the hug, and something clicked.
"Sidney," I muttered into his neck as he held me tightly against him, still in that warm hug.
"Hmm?" he asked, running a hand along my side.
"I need to tell you something."
"Go ahead."
"It's important.."
Sidney let go of me and took a step back, "Yeah?"
I looked around the parking lot and unlocked my car
"Uh.. Not here, okay? It'd be kinda.. weird in a parking lot."
"Then where would you like to go?" Sid asked, and by the look on his face, I could just see his mind racing.
He had every right to assume the worst, and I knew he was.
"How about we go to my place.." I suggested, getting into the driver's seat, and Sidney nodded somewhat reluctantly as he got into the passenger seat.

We got into the apartment after a silent, awkward car ride, and I saw Henry sitting on the couch.
"I need to talk to Hen alone for a minute.. Would you mind?" I said to Sidney, and he shook his head before hobbling into my room and sitting on the bed.
Henry got up and led me out into the hall.
"Did you tell him?"
"No. I'm just about to though.."
"Really? You're gonna do it?" Henry seemed surprised and relieved.
"Yeah, after we left the doctor's it just hit me, y'know? I have to do the right thing before it's too late."
Henry nodded, "I'm glad you realized that before it really was too late."
"I just.. I know what I need to do. I just don't know how to say it."
"It's pretty simple. Just tell him you're pregnant."
"Yeah, but that sounds so.."
"Unrealistic and lame?"
I nodded at Henry's explanation.
"Then just go in there and start from the beginning. Tell him about the tests and just go from there."
"Okay.. Here goes nothing," I gave my best friend a hug and opened the door.
"I'm gonna go run some errands and stuff. I'll see you later," Henry told me, and I went inside.
I joined Sidney in my room and sat on the bed so I could face him.
"Sorry I took so long out there.."
"It's fine," he answered quietly, "you wanted to talk about something?"
"Yeah.. Okay," I took a deep breath, "So you know how we thought I had the flu around Christmas and New years.. and we thought it was because I was out in the cold all day in Vancouver?"
Sidney nodded.
"Well.. Henry didn't think it was the flu; he had his own theory. So he got me all these at-home pregnancy tests.." I kept my eyes on my green and blue striped bedsheets as I spoke, making sure to avoid Sidney's gaze.
"But half of them were positive and the other half were negative. It was the weirdest thing.. So after we came back from Buffalo, I went to the doctors when you had practice.. to have a blood test done."
I glanced up at Sidney to see him staring back at me intently, his expression unreadable, and I began to fear the worst.
"Uh.. they called me back with the results.. and it turned out positive. I'm pregnant," I finally blurted, then waited for Sidney to react.

33 comments:

mare said...

damn it parker! you always stop at the best part.

i cant wait til the next update.

Kimmy said...

come on Parker.
I don't like cliffhangers.

Post more ASAP!!!

Parker! said...

I screwed up sixty three.
So I can't put it up until I find a way to fix it.
blehhh. =/

mrsjordanstaal11 said...

you`re so mean. you know how much I hate cliffhangers. I need to know how he reacts. I`ve been waiting for this for months.

But I`ll be here waiting patiently.

Parker! said...

and I love you all so much more for your patience.
<3

said...

OMG!! u stop at the jarsh darn good parts!!! HURRY UP PLZ I'M ABOUT TO PASS OUT!!!

prflyerchik said...

Parker!!! you're killing me here with the cliff hanger! I guess i can wait till it gets up though.

avsforlife said...

You're killing me here Parker. But I guess I'll wait patiently...

said...

aw c'mon parker, i've been waiting for this moment since...forever haha

when are you going to post the next part?!

said...

PLZ!!! POST THE NEXT ONE!!!! IT'S BEEN 4 DAYS IN PAIN!!!

mrsjordanstaal11 said...

if you guys want something to read until Parker gets her next chapter up you can check out my story.

Madi! said...

Yeah, can u people come and check out my story too? Leave comments pleeeeeease!

Parker! said...

Hahah.
Loving the self advertisement
=]

Madi! said...

Lol sorry. I just wish as many people who read your story would read mine too.

mrsjordanstaal11 said...

Sorry Parker...it`s just no one reads my story. And you`re taking forever to update.

Parker! said...

I think it's smart, actually.
=D

I know I'm taking forever. I'm in the third re-write. But it's just about finished!!

mrsjordanstaal11 said...

madi! I`m trying to go to your page & it won`t let me.

It`s cool Parker it took me over a month to get a new chapter up, but that`s cuz I`m always busy & lazy.

said...

Hi !
I don't know you, i found your stories on quizilla. i'm from quebec(canada) lol :P anyways, you are very talented, i hope you will post part 63 really soon :) oh, sorry for my english :S ; i speak french lol.

said...

PLZ PARKER HUURY!!!!! It's been over a week and i'm like dyng!!! I just came back from a 2 day soccer tournament and i'm dying to catch up on the story but i can't!!!!

said...

When do u think it will be out next???

Madi! said...

Hmm well it should let you go. I dont know why it wouldnt! Leave comments on it! please

said...

HEY MADI!! It says u have to enable your profile to let others look Oh and if people want to read my blog r story go ahead

Madi! said...

Ok well i went and changed some things so you should be able to read it now! Tell me what u think please!

mrsjordanstaal11 said...

Madi! it still says that you have to enable your profile. I really wish that it would let me read it, cause I really do wanna read it.

Could someone please check out my story & comment. It would really be appericiated, Thanks.

malina said...

hey parker or anybody else
do u know the link to LC's story
its called sidney crosby fanatic
it was pretty cool

but not as good as urs parker
jw if anybody knows it...thnxs

~Malina

Madi! said...

Hmmm, do you know how to do that? I have looked through everything? Let me know

mrsjordanstaal11 said...

go to edit your profile & it`s under privacy. It`s the first thing. click the box next to share your profile & it should work.

Madi! said...

Yeah i got it. Now u can read it! Its not about Sid. Its about Jimmy Howard from the Red Wings. Just so ya know. Comment!

said...

Parker it's been 12 days since you've updated!! you're killing me!!!!!

said...

13 days

amvc292 said...

this is LC's story for the person who asked:
sidneycrosbyfanfic.blogspot.com

kemilyyyyy said...

hurry up this is killing me!!!!!!
almost just as bad as when he slamed his anckle on the board!!!!!
As I said befor I was in the owners box when that happned. I'm always in there because my daddy is the president, COO, and CEO of the pittsburgh tribune review wich is the Paper on the pens. I am typing this on Stephenie Lemieux's computer because we are BEST FRIENDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kaityyyyy said...

i was in the owners box when he slamed his ankle in to the board i cried for weeks i was actualy with stef (Lemieux) at the time