Sunday, July 27, 2008

SKATE YOUR LANE;; SIXTYSIX

SIXTYSIX;;

After much convincing, Sidney decided it was best that I went to Sorel and talked to my parents, but he made me bring Marc-Andre along.

As soon as the Pens won 2-1 against the Panthers that Tuesday night, we were all on our way to the airport.
"I'm gonna miss you," Sidney muttered into my shoulder as we sat together on the bus.
"Sid, I'll only be gone for what, two days?" I smiled up at the cute boy.
"We'll take good care of her, Sid. I promise," Colby smiled reassuringly.
The team, including my brother, still had no idea that I was nearly twelve weeks pregnant. But Sid and I were planning to announce it that Friday before practice.

We got to the airport, and I was standing outside the bus with Sidney, my arms around his neck in a hug.
"I love you, Sid. I'll call when we get to Montreal."
"Love you too. Please be careful, and have fun."
"Don't sorry, I will," I smiled.
"Come on you lovebirds, we gotta go!" Marc-Andre groaned, and I gave Sidney one more hard kiss before following my brother.

Wednesday morning, Marc-Andre and I drove the hour and a half from Montreal to Sorel to our parent's house.
Despite their excitement to see their children just show up out of the blue, my mother knew something was up.
"Aubrie, you seem different since we last spoke. How are things with Sidney?" Tatiana asked me as we all sat at the familiar kitchen table for lunch.
"Mum," I rolled my eyes and she gave me a stern look.
"I know you're here for a reason, not just a random visit."
"What about me? I'm here because I missed you guys.."
There goes Marc; always the best child. Always the favourite.
"Be quiet, Marc-Andre," our dad shut him up instantly.
"Alright, fine. I-uh.. Sidney and I are great. I'm uh- pregnant," I said quietly, but mum heard.
She jumped up from the table and began mumbling incoherent things in her quick French.
My dad and Marc-Andre sat there, stunned.
"How long have you.. been..?" Dad asked over mum's babbling.
"Since like, the second week of December."
"Ew, since I got hurt?!" Marc-Andre cut in, "seriously? And you didn't tell me?"
"How could you be so irresponsible?" I heard my mum, and Marc muttered, "Merde."
"Don't you dare curse in this house, Marc-Andre!" Mum hissed, and I rolled my eyes.
"Congratulations," Dad smiled at me, and I grinned
"Thanks Dad. You're the only sane one here."
"Why didn't you tell us as soon as you found out?" Mum asked, clearly flustered.
"I wanted to tell you in person. Sid and I are really excited about this.. I hope you are too."
"We are," Dad smiled from his seat across from me.
"Well, I'm not! You're much too young, and not ready for a family!"
My jaw dropped at my mother's remark, "Mum! I think I grew up a little too fast. I know I'm still a kid at heart, and Sidney and I are nowhere near ready for this- but every day we become more and more.. prepared."
"You're not even married!" she tried.
"I know that. But it doesn't matter if we are or aren't. All that matters is that we love eachother..."
"Tatiana, don't give her the 'too young' speech! You were nineteen with Marc-Andre," Dad told her, and she piped down, looking at her plate.
"Mum.. I just want you to be happy for me."
"Is this what you really want?"
I nodded, "Of course."
"Then I'm happy."

Marc-Andre and I drove back to Montreal that night before dinner.
"I can't believe you didn't tell me that I'm going to be an uncle."
"I couldn't. I didn't even tell Sidney until after he got hurt.. I did it the day he got his x-rays."
"I guess that's why he's being so protective of you.." I nodded, and we went to our room at the hotel to go to bed.
"You can't tell anyone," I stressed.
"I promise, I won't."

The next morning we all went to the arena, and as it was, the Habs were there.
I snuck into their dressing room to hang out with Sergei and Andre Kostitsyn, who were with another boy.
This guy towered over me; 6'3, at least. He had very dark, probably jet black hair and dark eyes that had a familiar sparkle to them.
His presence reminded me so much of Nate.. and I was enthralled.
"Hi, I'm Carey," he smiled at me, and I smiled back.
"Brie. Nice to meet you."
"Price strikes again," I heard Andrei mumble to his brother.
"We'll catch up with you two later. We have practice, remember, Carey?" Sergei told us, then they left.
"What brings you to our dressing room? Looking for some autographs?"
He had no idea who I was, hah, who does he think he's kidding?
I shook my head, "Nope. Just wandering around, killing some time before the game and all. The usual," I added a slight shrug.
"So where are you from?" Carey asked as we sat on the benches in front of his locker.
"Originally? Sorel. But I live in Pittsburgh.."
"Aah.. A Pens fan then. Well, I hope you know.. Crosby's not here, so don't waste your time hanging around them. You're much better off here anyways."
I held back a laugh, "I'm aware Sidney isn't here, Carey."
If Sid was here, I wouldn't have been in the Hab's dressing room..
I couldn't help but notice Carey Price's arrogent side; much like the one Nate had.
"I wouldn't have pinned you for a Crosby fan.. Maybe I could change your mind?"
"Oh, and who should I be rooting for instead?"
"How about thirty-one for the Habs?"
I knew that was his number; the kid's jersey was hanging right there.
"Hey, maybe after practice I could take you out for lunch," Carey suggested, "I'd really like to get to know you better.."
"I bet you would," I rolled my eyes, "I think it's time for me to get going. It was nice meeting you."
I got up and made my way out into the hall.
"Brie, wait," I felt a strong hand grip my wrist, pulling me to a halt.
"Let go of me, Price," I snapped, glaring up at the guy.
He loosened this hold, and I tried to yank my arm away, but he only leaned down and tried to catch my lips with his, steadying me with his other hand on my cheek.

7 comments:

Kimmy said...

Oh wow, I'm glad that her parents are happy for her.
Can't see where you take this.

PMS!!!

I love Bill Kaulitz and Sidney Crosby said...

DUDE this story is freakin' awesome!! have fun on at lake Tahao i know i spelled that wrong sorry!

mrsjordanstaal11 said...

UH-OH. You did tell me a while ago that Carey was gonna be in it. Can`t wait for more, have fun this week, oh & I`m glad that Brie`s parent`s are happy about it.

mare said...

love how carey price is in this. love your story! hae fun atlake tahoe (sp?)

Lauren said...

Have fun on vacation! I can't wait to see where this Carey Price thing goes! :)

Aeryn said...

UH OH! Can't wait to see what happens. Have fun on vacation!

Hottie_Price said...

I'm a big habs/Carey fan and when u just put Carey in the story I just loved it!!!!!! Keep up the good work!!!