Saturday, October 4, 2008

SKATE YOUR LANE;; SIXTYEIGHT

SIXTYEIGHT;;

The next morning, Sidney and I got to the arena just after everyone was supposed to be finished with practice.
As we walked through the halls, I grabbed Sidney's hand, smiling.
"Hey. If all goes well, I'll get rid of Henry and you can spend the night at the apartment with me," I wore a playful grin, and Sidney's eyes widened.
"I like the sound of that," he nodded, opening the door to the locker room for me.
"What's that?" I asked, pointing to a pair of baby booties in his locker instead of his shoes.
"Oh," Sidney flushed, "they all play jokes on me because every other team's fans think I'm a baby.. Not the first time they've done it, eh guys?"
"Nope!" Colby laughed, followed by Jarkko Ruutu.
"And certainly not the last!"

The two of us had been talking to everyone, Sid was catching up on the past few days.
Nobody knew that I had gone to hang out with Carey Price, and that was how it was going to stay. I wasn't about to be yelled at for 'fraternizing with the enemy'.
After a half an hour of mingling, Sidney pulled me to the center of the room, a wide smile on his face, and I knew what was coming.
"Hey guys, there's something important I need to tell you," Sid beamed.
"Oh, is it about your ankle?" Sergei Gonchar asked, now attentive.
"Nope," Sidney shook his head, a knowing smile still set on his face, "Aubrie and I are..."
"Getting married?" Colby asked.
"Breaking up?" Jordan added.
"Forming your own two person super team?" Kris Letang finished, and I laughed.
"No," I shook my head, setting my hands on my hips, "Sidney and I are having a baby."

A burst of loud, 'No ways' and 'Nuh-uhs' and 'Go Sids' filled the locker room, along with some applause and congratulations, but not from everybody.
I knew some people wouldn't be too thrilled, and I was right.
But I didn't want to deal with them; if they weren't happy, too bad for them.
"When are you due?" Ryan Malone asked, and I knew his wife was having their second child in March.
"August," I smiled, noticing Ryan suppress an awh as he gave me a hug.
"Thanks," I grinned once he let go, and then Brooks Orpik came over to me.
"Our little Aubrie is growing up so fast!"
"I know, right? Could you have ever seen me like this two years ago?"
Brooks laughed, "Uh, hell no! You were a bitch back then."
My smile fell; Brooks and the guys who were here when I moved out with Marc-Andre knew how much I had changed.
"I'm sorry.. I shouldn't have said that," Brooks apologized, and I shook my head.
"No, it's fine. I know I wasn't a pleasure to be around, but you understand why."
He nodded, giving me a hug.
"Why is everyone so full of hugs today?"
"It's not every day our best friend and captain tells us he's impregnated his girlfriend!" Colby yelled to me from across the room.
I saw the embarrassed look on Sidney's face as he stood beside his best friend, and I knew I was wearing a similar expression.
"Colby, shut up," I groaned, "why is he so awkward?"
I laughed, covering my face with my hands.
"He's crazy, that's why," Brooks told me with a smile.
"Hey, I'm gonna go get a drink. I'll be back, okay?"
Brooks nodded, wandering off as I quickly exited the locker room.

I found a bottle of lemon-lime Gatorade, then made my way down the hall to the locker room, texting Carey while I walked.
"There you are!" I heard Sidney as he opened the door and came into the long hall with me.
"I was wondering where you disappeared to."
I quickly shoved my phone in my pocket, putting on a smile and holding up the drink.
"I got thirsty."
"Yeah, well. I think everyone's taking the news pretty well.. Some of the guys aren't sure what to think. But I'm sure they'll come around," Sid smirked, nudging me back against the wall.
For some reason my heart was racing, which was something I hadn't felt in a while.
I wrapped my arms around Sidney's neck, a nervous smile on my lips.
Sidney just watched me for a few seconds, his hands at my waist.
"What?" I asked, a hint of curiosity in my voice to match the look in his eyes.
"Why are you so nervous all of a sudden?"
"I don't know.."
I saw an unconvinced look, and I added, "Really. Just butterflies, I guess."
Then I planted a light kiss on his lips.
"I like these butterflies," Sidney breathed in between his rough kisses.
I let out a slight gasp, dropping the Gatorade I had been trying so hard to hold onto as I felt Sid slide his warm hands under my shirt and along my sides.
"Sidney," I tilted my head back, letting out a slight moan and tugging gently on his dark hair.
"Hmm?" he asked.
"We're in the hall outside your locker room."
"So?"
"The whole team's in there.. Not to mention my brother too." I was becoming more and more aware of our surrounding as the seconds passed, "We'll go to my place soon, okay?"
I gently pushed him back, readjusting my shirt.
He backed up and grabbed the bottle off of the floor, handing it to me as he gave me one more kiss, then lead me into the locker room.
I smiled when we saw everyone, lacing my fingers with Sid's as we walked over to Colby, Kris, Evgeni and Tyler Kennedy.
"Nice lip gloss, Sid," Kris laughed, making the other three laugh along.
"Thanks, I think it goes well with my skin tone," he shot back jokingly.
"What, pale?" Tyler grinned.

After everyone left the arena for a well deserved lunch, Sidney and I stuck around, setting up little pranks for Colby, Brooks and Tyler.
"Hey Aubs, do you think we could skate around for a bit?"
I looked up at Sidney from my spot on the bench in front of Colby's stuff. I had been relacing his skates with neon pink laces.
"You think you're ready?"
"I just want to skate. Nothing fancy," he promised.
"I know, but will it mess with your healing, trying to condition so soon?"
"It's been over a month. I asked Josh and the doctor. They say it'll be good for me."
"Alright. I'll go get my skates."
"I'll be here," Sid laughed.

I got up and gave him a kiss on the forehead, then went to the parking lot and retrieving my custom RBK 9K Pumps that Sid had gotten me for my birthday.
My phone vibrated as I made my way back to the arena, and I checked my newest text.
'Hurry up my feet are getting cold'
I got into the locker room, laughing at Sidney.
"Was that really necessary?"
"Was what necessary?" he asked, trying to hide a smile.
"Oh, don't even try to play innocent," I answered, setting my skates down and standing in front of him so his head was level with my waist.
He swiftly slid his arms around my middle, pulling me towards him, resting his cheek against my stomach.
"I love you," he told me in a content tone.
I grinned, placing my hands on his head, tangling my fingers in the curls of his hair.
"I love you too," I answered, then watched Sid crane his neck and look up at me.
"I wasn't talking to you," he shot, then nuzzled his face back into me.
"Oh, so that's how it's gonna be!" I tried not to laugh, but did anyways.

6 comments:

haley_says_gawr said...

awh i loved it.! =]
cant wait for more.
hope you have fun on vacation.!
im so excited for the game right now haha.
im like jumping around.
LETS GO PENS.!

Lauren said...

first, YAYYYYYY for an update!!!

second, Aww this chapter was so cute!

third, awesome game today! I heart TK!

fourth, I have some lip gloss that I think would go great with Sid's skin tone :)

okay, have fun on vacation and post more when you can (which will hopefully be soon!)

katie said...

Lucky girll...you take so many vacations! Cute chapter :]

mrsjordanstaal11 said...

As always great chapter, I loved it. And can`t wait for more.

Also the game was pretty amazing & Tyler Kennedy is my hero!!!

Hope you have fun on vacation.

giveupon-me said...

soooo good.
don't worry about not updating, school is definitely more important.
i've been in classes for a month and still don't have it figured out. hahaha
hope all is well!

Lovely_lyss said...

Yay for an update!

It was so cute. Sid's adorable, but I'm not sure how I feel about Aubrie talking to Carey. I sense drama!

Oh well. I'm going to watch the game now!

Update soon!