Tuesday, November 4, 2008

SKATE YOUR LANE;; SEVENTYONE

SEVENTYONE;;

On Tuesday the 26th, I received a call from Mario to come to his house because Sidney probably needed someone to be there for him.
When I asked why, Mario said I'd find out when I got there.
"Thanks for coming on such notice, Aubrie," Nathalie smiled sadly as I entered the house.
"What's going on?" I asked, not sure if I really wanted to know.
"Colby was traded to the Thrashers this morning before the deadline," Mario answered, and my eyes widened.
"No.."
They both nodded.
"Alright, I guess he's in his room?"
The two nodded again.

"Sidney?" I asked as I opened the door, about to enter an all to familiar situation.
"Not now, Aubrie," he snapped, making me flinch. He'd never reacted that way...
He was laying face down on his bed, most of his face covered by his arms and a pillow.
"I'm not going anywhere, Sid."
"Well that makes one of us," he grumbled, getting up and trying to leave, but I blocked the door.
"Move."
"No," I replied in a stern voice to match the one he had just used.
"Don't make me move you myself," he threatened, taking a firm hold of my arm.
This was definitely something new.
"Don't you fucking threaten the mother of your unborn child," I hissed, glaring up at him.
"Fine, whatever," he backd down, sitting down on his bed with a 'thud'.
"I want to try and help you not be so sad," I said in a soft voice, sitting on the bed next to him.
"How? It's not like you've ever lost a best friend before."
Right after he let that sentence out of his mouth, I slapped him across the face.
"How dare you, Sidney. I didn't only lose my best friend, I lost my first love too. At least you'll get to see Army a few times during the season and over summer. I will never see Nate again."

He heaved a sigh, and I caught a whiff of alcohol on his breath. Then I noticed his tired eyes and flushed cheeks.
"Sidney Patrick Crosby, where is it?"
"Where's what?" he asked, and I stood up immediately, picking up his pillow and grabbing the quarter-full bottle of Jack Daniels, then saw another, empty, bottle in the trash next to the bed.
"I can't believe you.. And in Mario's house! Maybe this is the occasion that calls for you getting totally wasted off your ass, but not in your boss's house, while his entire family is here! Go get fucked up at Marc-Andre's or Talbot's. Better yet, don't get plastered at all."
"They're on a road trip.. Anyways, Marc said you were practically an alcoholic after Nate.."
"Nate died, Sidney. He didn't get traded to a team that was a three hour flight away. You know what. I don't need this right now. If you don't want me to try and help or just even be here, I'm gone."
I quickly left the room and went to the kitchen, where Nathalie was starting dinner.
"Did you talk to him?"
"Yeah. But I think he needs to do this by himself."
"Why?"
"Don't tell Mario, it's not that serious.. But he's already downed nearly two bottles of Jack. He just needs to chill out."

When I got home, Carey called me. It was like this guy could read my mind or something.
"Hey Carey, what's up?"
"Not a whole lot. I heard Colby Armstrong got traded to the Thrashers. How's Sidney taking it?"
"Not too well."
Thus began my twenty minute rant about what had just happened.
"He really brought up your dead ex-boyfriend?"
"Inadvertantly, yeah. I have a feeling Sid's gonna be facing some tough times in the near future," I sighed.
"Don't let him stress you out. It's bad for the baby."
"Oh, speaking of baby! It's starving," I laughed, and Carey chuckled.
"But I'm being totally serious."
"I know, Carey. Trust me, I know. That's why I left the Lemieux's. I can't be around him knowing he's in that 'mood'. Bad things have happened when I am."
"What do you mean?" Carey asked, and I felt like taking back what I'd said.
"Nothing, really. He just got drunk on the way home after a loss in Philadelphia.. Then showed up at my apartment at like four am, and when I tried to talk to him, he got mad and just kinda pushed me.."
"And?"
"And I fell and landed on a part of the couch, then got a huge-ass bruise?"
"No, I mean after that."
"I don't remember what else, really," I lied, "But we talked through it the next day like we always seem to do. I know it seems like I'm making Sid out to be some sort of abusive drunk when it's the total opposite." I let out a sigh.
"He's just going through stuff, and it frustrates me that I can't help, even though he doesn't know it or mean to. I'm sorry for making you listen to me!"
"No, it's ok. I'm glad you wanted to talk to me, and that you trust me with this stuff. I'm always happy to help friends vent."
"Well thanks for listening.. I really appreciate that we're putting my mind at ease."
"No problem, but hey. I gotta get to practice."
"Alrighty. I'll talk to you later then.. And thanks again, I mean it."
"Bye Aubrie."
I hung up and made myself dinner, then after eating, I just laid in bed watching tv until I dozed off.

I don't know how long I'd been asleep for, but I was woken up by the buzzer of the door, then a loud knocking.
I goraned and rolled over, facing my night stand and checking the time.
"Who the hell is here at one am?"
I rubbed my eyes, getting up and walking to the font door.
Sighing, I opened the door and looked up.
"Sidney," I breathed, and he nodded awkwardly.
"Can I come in?"
I nodded, noticing that he looked freezing cold and wide awake as he stepped inside.
After closing the door, I turned around at watched Sidney, who looked conflicted.
"I'm really sorry for what I said earlier.. I never meant it. I was kinda- ok, no. I was really drinking, and it was totally inappropriate. I know I acted weird.. But you can't blame me. I just found out my best friend got traded."
"And I do understand, more than you may know."
"I talked to Mario after my buzz wore off, and he helped me realize that I made a mistake."
"I'm glad," I nodded, wondering where he was taking this.
"I don't want to break up over something like what I did earlier.." he admitted, and I could see the fear in his eyes.
Did he really think I would do that?
"Sidney, relax. I do not want to break up! I love you too much!"
He carefully approached me and rested his hands on my hips.
I grinned, giving him a warm kiss that brought a smile to his lips.

9 comments:

mrsjordanstaal11 said...

Parker, I love you so much. And thinking of that day when Colby was traded brings tears to my eyes. I miss that boy, yes boy, so much. As for the chapter, amazing as always. I`m glad that Carey is there for her, and that Sid came to work everything out with her. Can`t wait to see what happens next.

Kimmy said...

I love this story, Parker!!
Great chapter.

More soon!!!

kaity said...

I LOVE COLBY WHEN HE WAS TRADED I CRIED I BELIEVE SID DID SOMETHING LIKE YOU SAID HE WAS HEART BROKEN!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

what is with people making sid an mean alcoholic in they're already shitty stories? its a fucking stupid recurring theme.

Parker said...

You know what?
I don't read other Sid stories, so I wouldn't know.
I do know that he isn't always happy and he probably handles things the way a lot of people do, and that's by drinking away their problems.
Sidney is allowed to have moments of weakness too, you know.
I'm sorry if you don't agree, but I felt it was a necessary part of my story.

And if you think my story is bad, don't even bother reading it, because you obviously could care less.
Don't come here and tell me it's poorly written or anything like that, because that's just flat out rude.

Molly said...

i love this story!
i'm glad they're happy together!

kaity said...

im so sad we play the tharsers(Colby) tuesday Sid and colby will probally be heart broken!!!!!!
i know i am

kaity said...

sorry i meant the 20th

haley_says_gawr said...

ahh parker!
i love your stoires gurl. [:
ooh. love the next pic of sid on the side too. xD
i save it. haha. =D
update soon. [: