Wednesday, December 31, 2008

SKATE YOUR LANE;; SEVENTYFOUR

SEVENTYFOUR;;

Over the next couple of days, Sidney and I had been out baby shopping, and we had gotten a lot done in a short amount of time with the help of Harriet.
We had finished another outing, and Sid was supposedly driving us to the Lemieux's, but we were in a totally different neighborhood that definitely wasn't Sewickley.
"Sid, where are we going?"
"You'll see," he replied, a small smile on his lips.
He pulled up and parked outside of a building I recognized as condominiums.
"Sidney, these are a bunch of condos.." I said as we got out of the Range Rover.
"I know," he nodded, taking my hand and leading me inside and up to the eighth floor.
"Seriously, what are we doing here?"
"Seriously, have a little patience," Sidney mimicked me with a laugh, "now close your eyes."
We were outside a door labeled '8A', and I rolled my eyes, shutting them tightly.
I heard the scraping of a key in a lock, then the door opened, and I felt Sidney gently guide me forward.
The door was shut behind me, and Sidney whispered, "Open your eyes."
As soon as I did, I gaped at the sight.
"Is this..?"
"Yeah, I bought a condo. It's really supposed to be for my parents and Taylor when they come visit.. But I figured that neither Henry or Mario's family want to be around our baby 24/7. When my family is here, we can just hide out at Mario's or whatever."
"Good thinking," I smiled, "want to give me the grand tour?"

Sidney showed me around the rather spacious two bedroom, two bath condo, and I was amazed. He had granite counter tops and hardwood floors done, and he had already brought in furniture and certain things of his from Mario's. I could tell he had decorated himself. Sidney had a bunch of his sticks standing in a few corners of the living room to make it seem artsy, which I found hilarious and something only he would do.
"This place is great, Sid," I grinned, wrapping my arms around him in a hug and giving him a quick kiss.
"Want to go break in the master bedroom?" Sidney winked, making me laugh.
"No, I'm sorry, but I'm exhausted."
"I was kidding, but you really like it?"
"Of course. I think it's just what we need right now."
"Good, otherwise I would've been mad."
"So when do we get to move everything in?" I asked in an excited voice, walking around the second bedroom, now designated for the baby.
"Any time you want," Sidney was excited now, "only if we find out what it's gonna be at the next appointment."
"We're not finding out until we have a sit down with your mum and dad."
Sidney's smile fell quickly.
"They're coming a day before the last game of the season," he told me, and I nodded.
"Okay. I really hope they'll accept it like my parents did. My mum is really excited actually.. She wants to come and help Nathalie throw a shower mid-April. I bet she would love it if your mum was there too."
"I know that you want them to be glad.. But they're weird! I don't know how else to describe them. Last time I talked to my dad, he said mum didn't want to talk to me because she thought I was ruining my life."
"I'm sorry," I said quietly, stuffing my hands in the back pockets of my jeans.
"You have nothing to be sorry for," he told me with a grin, "All that matters is that we're excited about it. I mean, I do care whether or not my parents are, but it's not their decision. I'm a big boy, and I'm gonna life my life."
I nodded silently, then looked around the room and tried to envision where things would go. I walked over to the window and admired the view of the city.
"What's on your mind?" Sidney asked, now standing next to me.
"How I'm gonna decorate this place," I laughed, leaning my head on his shoulder.
Sidney let out a chuckle, wrapping his arms around my waist.
"Don't worry. We've got plenty of time."
"I'd rather have everything ready before, so it's all not last minute, you know?"

That night, Sidney and I ordered Chinese takeout, then we sat on the floor in the middle of the designated baby room and talked about what we wanted to do.
"This is gonna be the best," I smiled, laying back on the hardwood floor and staring up at the ceiling.
Sidney yawned and laid down next to me, making me yawn too.
"Are you tired too?" he asked, and I nodded.
"It's been a long day."
"Want to spend your first night in the new place with me?"
"That sounds like a good idea," I said as I sat up, trying to pick myself up off of the floor.
I let out a frustrated groan, running my hands through my hair as Sidney got up with ease.
He looked down at me and I smiled sheepishly.
"Need some help?"
"More than you know," I laughed, taking his hand and he helped me up.
"Have I ever told you how much I love you?" I asked as we walked to the other bedroom.
"Not in the past few hours," he told me, flicking the lights on. I noticed how this room was basically already furnished with a dresser, a big bed, and a desk and chair.
I looked in the closet to see how big it was, and found that it was already occupied by Sid's and my clothes.
"So that's where my pants went!"
"All that stuff was at the Lemieux, so I just kinda brought it over with a bunch of mine," he explained.
I went into the adjoining bathroom and looked around in there.
"My toothpaste? Shampoo? Sid-" I laughed, "You took my blow dryer?"
"I like what it does to my hair!" he defended himself, running his hand through his dark, curly locks and I grinned.
"Well, bring your head of great hair over here so I can feel."
Sidney leaned in the doorway of the bathroom and I reached up, letting my fingers glide through his soft brown hair.
"Hmm.." I thought for a split second, "I love it. I'm glad you stole my blow dryer."
Sidney smiled and closed his eyes, still holding himself up in the frame of the open door.
"That feels good," he mumbled somewhat coherently.
"Well get into bed and maybe I'll do it some more," I told him, pulling my hands out of his mess of hair and going to brush my teeth.
Sidney still stood in the doorway when I had finished, and I stood in front of him, my hands on my hips.
"Want to move please?" I asked, trying not to laugh.
"Nah, I'm pretty comfy right here," he answered, looking for my reaction.
"Fine. I'll just hip check you then. I hope it won't mess the baby up," I fake-threatened, knowing I wouldn't have to start throwing myself around.
"That's not fair! You can't use the baby to make me move," Sidney whined, making me giggle.
"I can, and I will. You try being pregnant!"
We had been play fighting like this for a while now, and sometimes it could get pretty convincing. If we got into it when we went to the Pen's practice, the guys got pretty concerned.
"No thanks, I'd rather go to bed," he quickly answered, ending the fight and grabbing my hand, leading me towards the bed.

After getting into pajamas and settling into the rather comfy bed, Sidney pulled out two books from the bedside table, and I saw the title.
"Baby names?" Then I saw the other one and read it off, "So you're gonna be a daddy."
"I borrowed these from Mario," he smiled proudly.
So I snuggled up against Sidney and we looked through these books for nearly an hour and a half.
"Sidney, I think it's time for lights out," I yawned, dragging my fingers up and down along his side.
"Awh, a few more minutes.."
"Alright," I nodded, then laid my head back down on his shoulder and dozed off while he kept reading.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwww.. Sidney is soo cute (:

Grrrreat chapter. ♥

Molly said...

^^^ i agree. awwww!!
can't wait for the baby to come and see sid as an amazing dad!

mare said...

aww, so cute. refresh my drink--how far along is she?

mrsjordanstaal11 said...

Aww I love those two. I think it`s so cute that it`s so cute what he does for her.

"I like what it does to my hair."

Can`t wait to see what happens next.

gilld22 said...

Brilliant as always

Lauren said...

aww that was completely adorable!

more soon please!

Kimmy said...

aww that was a cute chapter, Parker.

More soon please!