Saturday, January 10, 2009

SKATE YOUR LANE;; SEVENTYFIVE

SEVENTYFIVE;;

Throughout the rest of Sidney's recovery time and when he wasn't at practice, we had moved the majority of our things to the condo. Vienna had moved into the apartment with Henry, but they were fine with me keeping stuff there for whin Sid's family visits.
Sidney was back to playing games on March 27th, and he was loving it.
On April 4th, Sid was at practice and I was at the condo, on the phone with Carey as I folded laundry.
We had already discussed my fear of the sit-down with Mum and Dad Crosby, which was most likely tomorrow.
"So, you excited for the playoffs?" I asked, trying to find the match to one of Sidney's dress socks.
"Of course! I'm pretty sure we're playing the Bruins, so it's gonna be intense," Carey laughed, shuffling around in the background.
"What are you doing?" I giggled, still hunting for the mate to that one sock.
"I'm trying to get ready to go out, but someone keeps distracting me," he huffed.
"Well do you want me to hang up then?"
"No, you're entertaining!"
This contniued until I heard the front door open, and I quickly said goodbye to Carey, closing my phone and tossing it onto the bed, where I finally saw the other sock.

"Aubrie, look what I got today!" Sidney said in an excited, childish voice as he came into the bedroom.
"What?" I asked, then saw that he had a fireman's helmet with his name and number on it.
"The fire department gave it to me! They found out that I wanted to be a fireman if I wasn't playing hockey," he grinned.
"Well put it on, I want to see," I smiled at his enthusiasm.
As soon as he put the helmet on, my smile widened.
"You'd make one good fireman, that's for sure," I told him.
"Thanks. This is seriously the coolest!"
'Want to put it in the living room on display then?" I asked jokingly.
"Ok!" he turned on his heel and ran to find a spot for it.
"Oh, Sid. I made you lunch earlier. It's in the fridge if you want it," I called out to him, putting away the last of the clean laundry.
"A sub? Awesome! Thanks Aubs," he yelled back.

I went into the kitchen were Sidney sat at the table eating the huge sandwich I had made him.
"Want a drink?" I asked, grabbing the carton of orange juice and pouring myself a glass for my pre-natal vitamins.
"I think I saw some raspberry lemonade in there.. If it's not too much trouble," he smiled sheepishly, and I gladly got him a glass.
"Here you go," I said as I sat down next to him.
We sat in silence, and once Sidney finished his lunch, he shot me a funny look.
"What's gotten into you?" he asked, and I wasn't sure what he was getting at.
"What do you mean?"
"You did my laundry, folded and put it away, made me lunch.. And you got me a drink! It looks like you've been cleaning too," he added.
"I don't know. I guess by doing things like that, I can kindof return the gesture of you buying the condo. Plus, I've been feeling restless and I'm keeping busy."
"You don't need to repay me," he started.
"I know, but I want to make your life a little easier. Those practices can eat you alive."
"Well, I appreciate it," he smiled goofily, leaning in and stealing a warm kiss.
"I think your mothering instincts are starting to kick in, if you ask me," he laughed.
"Ssh, let's not go around announcing it!" I grinned, picking up his empty plate and rinsing it off, putting it in the dishwasher with our glasses.
"Woah, dishes too? You're starting to freak me out now," Sid watched me in awe.
"I can't stop myself. I think I'm gonna go lay down.."
Sidney laughed at my new, strange behaviour.
"A nap sounds good."

I had finally dozed off when someone decided to poke me until I woke up.
"What?" I groaned, now annoyed by Sidney's lack of patience.
"Aubs, I think it's moving!" Sidney was sitting up and facing me, his hands under my shirt and on my stomach, the birghtest smile I'd ever seen plastered to hisface.
Then I felt a weird sensation and I let out a giggle.
"You feel it now?" he asked in a thrilled voice and I nodded, watching his eyes widen as it moved again.
"Weird," I laughed, sitting up against my pillows and the headboard of the bed.
"Hi there baby! Do you know who I am?" Sidney said in a sweet voice, now laying on his side, holding his head up and staring straight at the bump under my shirt.
"Yeah, I'm your dad.. Ton pere, cause you're gonna be a bilingual baby,"
This made me grin, because we hadn't really talked about whether or not to use French as much as English. I guess it was decided now..
"I have to make a few calls. Don't go anywhere, ok?" Sidney told me, and I nodded.
"I'll be right here," I answered and he got up, grabbing his phone and heading to the living room.
I pulled out my phone and started to text, when I heard Sid's animated voice ring out.
"Dude, guess what! I felt the baby move today!"
I had a feeling he was going to call the entire team.

Around six, I started to make some sort of dinner, and Sidney was on the phone again, but he had stepped out onto the belcany so I couldn't hear what he was saying.
When he came back in, I asked who he was talking to.
"Oh, my dad. He was confirming flight stuff and all that," he said, trying to be non-chalant.
"So tomorrow's the big talk?" I questioned as I set the table.
"I guess so," he shrugged, "It's not that big of a deal. We sit down, tell them how we feel, and if they disagree.. Well too bad for them."
"You seem very confident," I smiled, setting dinner on the table.

After spending the night relaxing, Sidney went to practice around ten am, and it was now eleven thirty. I was up and about, trying to keep myself busy but running out of things to do.
The doorbell rang, so I turned off the Xbox and went to see who was there.
As soon as I opened the door, my stomach turned inside out.
"Hi, Mister Crosby... Mrs. Crosby," I nodded, a smile forced onto my face as they stared at me, trying to focus on my face rather than the rest of me.
"Uh, come in, please.. Sidney is still at practice, so yeah.." I trailed off and they walked in, looking around the condo.
I looked around the clean living room, then noticed I was in sweat pants and one of Sidney's Reebok shirts, my hair pulled up in a high ponytail.
"Sorry, if you'll excuse me. I'll give Sidney a call and see if he's done," I said, breaking the awkward silence.
They nodded and I quickly went into the bedroom and shut the door, trying to keep from freaking out.


6 comments:

Lauren said...

YAYYYYYYYYYYY for an update! I love how excited Sidney was about feeling the baby move! I feel like he's going to be such an awesome dad someday!

Anonymous said...

heyyyyy ! i love all these stories i found your page 3 days ago n i couldnt stop reading it n i read every chapter. i love how realistic it is n the actual events in it. i love sidney n this is a great story. dont stop writing ! i cant wait for another update ! thnx ! ♥

Molly said...

wahhhh!
they came!
hope he'll come home soon!
i love how childish he is! with the fire hat, and feeling the baby move! i can SO picture him being like that :]
update soon!

mare said...

that is so cute, he is wicked adorable with the baby moving. i hope the crosbys are chill about the baby situation. cant wait for the next update, good job!

mrsjordanstaal11 said...

Well we all know how I feel about your story... I am so gald that you updated.

I love how Sidney was so excited about the baby moving, and I can definitely picture him calling the entire team.

Also I remember when he got the fire helmet, that was so cool. Especaially because my dad is a Pittsburgh Fire fighter and I will also be becoming a fire fighter in the near future.

I can`t wait to see what happens next.

-C said...

I just absolutely love these =) I cant wait to see what happens next..the chapters are written so good! You can help but to picture Sid and think of him acting like this for real! lol