Saturday, March 7, 2009

SKATE YOUR LANE;; SEVENTYEIGHT

SEVENTYEIGHT;;

Over the course of the month, the Pens swept Ottawa and were halfway through a series with the Rangers.
I had been a little less careful about when I texted Carey, who had won his series against the Bruins. No one seemed to notice or even care that I was constantly talking with someone.

I drove Sid to the airport on April 28th, parking in the garage so we could get out and say goodbye without the hassle of curbside drop off.
We stood by the trunk of the Range Rover, locked in a long, warm hug.
"I'm gonna miss you like always," I said into his neck, and he gently rubbed my back.
"I'll be home soon. Don't over work yourself. I know you practice with the Langley kids," Sidney told me as he pulled away.
I looked up at him, staring at his 'playoff beard'
"I know, it's a masterpiece, for sure," he laughed in that adorable, high pitched kid laugh he has.
"You'd have a good one if playoffs lasted like sixth months," I teased, trying to avoid the tickle of his beard and mustache as I kissed him.
When Sid was getting his stuff out of the back of the car, he began talking.
"Hey, you're gonna stay at the condo, right?" he asked, slinging his bag of travel things over his shoulder.
"Yeah, you sad your parents are going to New York."
"Right. Ok. Well, I'll call when I get to the hotel," he said, pulling me in for one more kiss, then rubbed my stomach with a grin.
"Bye you two."
"Bye Sid," I told him, getting into the car and waiting for him to get inside before driving to the condo.

The Pens won game three, but lost game four, and were to come back to Pittsburgh for game five. They were ahead three to one in the series, which was amazing and exciting. The team brought life to the city and every Pens fan across the country. It amazed me how they could do that.

[SIDNEY'S POV]

We didn't get a break fro practice when we came back from New York. We had a short morning skate that was full of energy and a whole lot of drive and determination.The guys and I want the Cup like it's nobody's business.
"Hey Sid, I think there's something you need to know about," Jordan said in a serious tone after we finished our morning skate and were dressing out.
He shot Marc-Andre a look, who shook his head and sighed.
I felt the atmosphere of the room suddenly change from energetic and fun into a serious silence, and it definitely freaked me out.
"Well?" I asked expectantly as I undid my skates.
"Aubrie has been pretty close with Carey Price for a while," Max started.
"She's constantly on the phone talking to or texting him," Staalsy continued.
"But we're not saying she's cheating on you.. All we know is that they talk.. Anyways, who waould want to do a pregnant chick? No offense," Kris Letang tried to explain.
"Oh," I nodded, not sure what to make of what they were saying.
"Yeah, I've overheard them before. They're like long distance best friends," Marc told me.
"So what's the big deal? It's not like she can't have friends," I shrugged, trying not to let them get to me.
"Sid, Price has been there for her when you haven't been," Hal mentioned, and my head shot up.
"What do you mean?"
"When you get all weird after a tough night, she talks to him. I have a feeling she trusts the guy and is open with him," Flower said.
"I see," I heaved a sigh, my jealousy kicking in as I finished dressing out and left.
"Don't go and do something you'll regret!" The guys called after me as I got into my car and drove off. They had convinced me that this wasn't just an ordinary friendship.

As soon as I hit a red light, I called Aubrie.
"Hello?"
"Hey, where are you?" I asked, putting on a calm, collected voice.
"Uh, I'm on my way to the condo from practice with the boys.
"Why, what's up?" she asked, and I ignored her question.
"I'll see you there in a few minutes. Bye." I hung up and drove to the condo, heading inside quickly.

"Sidney, what's going on?" Aubrie asked suspiciously as I went into our room and picked up her phone, going into her call log then to her text inbox only to see calls from a 'CP' but no texts..
"What the hell do you think you're doing?" she yelped, grabbing her phone from my hand and shutting it.
"Why are you being all buddy-buddy with Price?" I shot back, and she shut her mouth.
"I thought so," I said with a glare.
"What exactly do you think?" Aubrie asked, quickly regaining her composure.
"Are you cheating on me?" I blurted, not sure if I wanted to hear her answer. But the guys got me so riled up..
"Of course not! How could I when I love you more than I thought I possibly could love anyone?" Her eyes darted over to the crib we had picked out in March.
"I love you and I love our baby, even if it isn't here yet. I would never do something to jeopardize us."
"Then why hide the fact that you two are friends?"
"Because you basically hate Carey. You've called him so many things.. I didn't think you'd like it if I was friends with someone you despise. It'd be like.. You being best friends with Savannah Brooks."
"I would have been fine if you had just told me. But you decided to lie.."
"I never lied! I just never told you that we were friends, and nothing more than that. Nothing," she assured me.
"I want to believe you. The team told me that you guys talk a lot and you trust him."
"So what if we talk? Henry and I talk, but I'm not cheating on you with him," Aubrie reasoned, but I was too blind with anger.
"They said you talk to him when I'm in a bad mood," I said quietly.
"Yeah, he gives me advice."
"How? Price doesn't know me."
"But he knows what it's like to go through losses.. You don't believe me, do you?" she asked, and I could hear the strain in her voice; she was trying her hardest not to cry.
"I have to go," I said quickly. I couldn't do this.

"I don't understand why you're so upset. You wouldn't care if I was hanging out constantly with Staalsy or TK. But as soon as I make friends with someone on another team, you freak. Like with Kipper and the goalies at the All Stars. I know you're competitive but.."
"Don't turn this on me. You're the one that lied."
"Maybe I wouldn't have had to if you didn't overreact like this every time I made a new friend that just so happens to be on another team! I can't help who I get along with, and you know that," she shot, then fell silent, a weird look on her face.
"Aubrie?" I asked, and she shook her head, holding up her hands.
"Just go," she said, then I heard her mumble, "You're stressing us out."
"If I leave right now, I'm not coming back," I threatened, and without hesitation, she replied.
"Leave then. You're so set in not listening and believing everything you hear, so go."

[AUBRIE'S POV]
As soon as Sidney left, I set my hands on my stomach, wincing as I sat down on the bed.
I let out a groan, grabbing my phone and dialing the first number that came to mind.
"Hello?"
"Marc-Andre, can you come and take me to the hospital? I'm at the condo.."
"Why?"
"I think something might be going on with the baby, and I don't like the feel of it."

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

love it as usual but you better not leave me hanging for long! I can't stand the suspense! lol

mrsjordanstaal11 said...

Oh my god! No!!! I can't say that the guys didn't have a right to do that, but they really screwed things up. Sid is one of those people who believe what they want to believe.

I feel so bad for Aubrie! Can't wait to see what happens next.

Anonymous said...

OMG
I hope that nothing bad happens to the baby.


More soon!!

Sam said...

Ohmygod! That was so intense at the end. The baby better be all right! I'm so anxious to see what you have up your sleeve! I wonder how Sidney is going to react when he finds out that Aubrie's in the hospital!!!

Please, please post more soon!

Molly said...

AHHH
baby issues? sid issues?
i need another chapter!!

gilld22 said...

Oh no, I hope the baby is ok and she manages to work things out with Sid, please dont leave us in suspence for to long!!

Anonymous said...

I love this story!
I NEED TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS.


Updaaate please?

Emmy Love said...

ahhhhh!! please dont take out the baby it will be to beautiful haha this story is fantastic ive been following it from the beginning and its held my attention unlike the other crosby storys

Anonymous said...

cant wait to see what happens..hope to see a new update soon!! =)