Thursday, May 28, 2009

SKATE YOUR LANE;; EIGHTYFIVE

EIGHTYFIVE;;

"Holy crap, that was the most awkward two and a half hours of my life. Thanks, Marc-Andre," I told my brother as we got to his place.
"It was just Mario and Nathalie. How weird could it be?" he asked, dropping his bag in his room as I put an exhausted Oliver to bed in the guest room. Marc had also brought this little nifty portable crib I had gotten at the baby shower. The women apparently thought I'd be bringing Oliver on Sidney's road trips.
I rejoined my brother in the living room, slipping my feet out of my heels and sitting on the couch.
"Troy was there," I stated blatantly and Marc gaped.
"Intense. What did he say?"
"Well, Mario got me out of the box so they could calm Troy down, but I overheard them talking... He thinks I'm a bitch and that I'm trying to use Oliver to get back into Sidney's life."
"But Sid is the one who wanted you here.. Granted, Carey and I schemed to get you to him in the first place, but that doesn't matter."
We talked for a bit longer and then Marc-Andre went to bed. I stayed up until Oliver woke at his usual 2:30 am.
I got him to settle down after a quick snack and change, then went to bed myself.

[SIDNEY'S POV]
Practice ended at one, so I went to Marc's and Aubrie was up, but she was in bed and looking like death was on its way.
"Please keep Ollie away from me. I don't want him getting sick," she told me as soon as I walked into the door of the room she was in and my eyes widened.
"What?" I asked, not sure if I had heard correctly.
"I feel like crap," she enunciated, "I don't want Oliver catching whatever I have. Please get him out of my general area.. Call Henry.. He and Vienna will gladly watch him.."
"Are you sure?" I asked, "Cause I can do it."
I watched Aubrie cough miserably and rub her hands over her eyes tiredly.
"What time did you go to bed?"
"Three. I stayed up till the normal late night wake up then fell asleep after getting him back to bed," she answered, yawning.
"If you want to try and take care of Ollie by yourself while I wallow here in my germs, go ahead. I think Hen and Vienna would love to see him too though," Aubrie continued.
"Yeah. I don't know if I'm ready for that yet," I agreed.
After calling Henry, I got together Oliver's bag with the instruction of Aubrie. Then I waited for them to come, the entire time I paced around Marc's living room, holding onto the little boy I'd grown so attached to in such a short amount of time.
"Hey Sid, will you change him before he goes? I'm sorry to put you on the spot.." i heard, then turned and saw Aubrie standing in the doorway of the guest room.
I had barely caught a glimpse of her last night at the game and I noticed something was different, but now I could clearly see how she had changed. I noticed how tired and worn out she looked. I could tell she had lost weight, not just baby weight though.
"It's fine, I got ya," I smiled, "Get back to bed."
So with my past experiences of changing my sister when I was younger, I replaced Oliver's diaper expertly.
"All done," I called, hoping to impress Aubrie.
"That was fast," she croaked, "Thanks."

Vienna and Henry came to get Oliver, and so after they left I went in to check on Aubrie.
"Do you need anything? I think Marc's got some medicine in the kitchen," I offered, not wanting to leave her alone.
"I think I'll be fine. I took something a few hours ago," she replied.
"Well it's obviously not working, eh?"
"I guess not," she laughed, but she looked a little nervous.
"Hey- If I'm keeping you from anything you have planned, by all means, go! All I'm going to do is sleep and be miserable in quarantine. It's really not too exciting."
"It's ok. I don't have anything going on. Plus, after six months of constantly caring for Oliver, I think someone needs to take care of you," I told her with a smile, then went into the kitchen to find some medicine and ginger ale.
Luckily I saw something that would help and brought the stuff back to her.
"Sidney, really. You don't have to take care of me," Aubrie insisted after downing a spoonfull of the gnarly smelling liquid I poured for her to take.
Thankfully we didn't have a game tonight, so I could stay as long as I could. My old habits had kicked in full force and I wanted nothing more than to take care of the girl sitting in the bed in front of me.

"So I take it that Henry and Vienna were excited to see Oliver?" she asked as I held my hand against her forehead to see if she had a fever.
"You can say that again. They were ecstatic for sure." Her temperature seemed hot, but not burning like Marc said she had been earlier in the morning.
"Is there anything else you need right now? I can make you something to eat or-" I started, just wanting to help make her feel better in some way.
"Will you play cards with me? I've been bored out of my mind and there's nothing decent on TV," Aubrie asked in a shy voice, like she was embarrassed.
"Of course I'll play with you," I grinned, "Let me go find some cards."

[AUBRIE'S POV]
Sidney and I played a bunch of card games for a few hours until Marc-Andre called.
"Salut, Brie! Uh, I'm not coming home tonight.. With you being sick and all. I'm going to stay with Vero."
"You can't leave me by myself!" I retorted, trying not to sound too annoyed.
"Have Vienna or someone come spend the night with you."
"Fine, Marc. I'll see you tomorrow. Bye." I hung up the phone and threw it to the other side of the bed.
"Well, I'm on my own tonight. Marc's afraid of my disease," I groaned.
"I can stay over if you want," Sidney offered and my head shot up.
"Oh- That's okay. Thanks though," I stuttered, "You have a game tomorrow."
"It's not until 7:30, so it's no big deal."
I nodded and gave into him, not feeling well enough to argue.

Sidney made me soup for dinner despite my protests the entire time.
"Sid, I'm not hungry whatsoever," I reiterated, using the spoon to swirl around the chicken and noodles in the broth.
"Come on you need to eat. Please, Aubs? You can't just waste away.. Think about Oliver! You can't expect to be able to play with him if you're still sick."
"Fine," I sighed and began to eat, glaring at the triumphant smile on his face.
"Don't act all smug. This soup isn't that good," I lied. It was delicious, but he didn't have to know that.

I went to bed around nine, only to instinctively wake up at 2:15 am, just like I normally did every night in Sorel to prepare for the late night adventures with Oliver.
I got out of bed and walked towards the bathroom, tripping and falling over my suitcase. I let out a yelp as I hit the hardwood floor with a thud.
"Fuck," I breathed, attempting to sit up.
By the time I had gotten up on my knees, the lights flicked on and I saw Sidney standing in the door frame.
"What's going on?" he asked, rubbing his eyes, now wide awake.
"I tripped and fell," I told him as he helped me up.
"Why are you awake at this hour?"
"Ollie will be up soon.."
"Aubrie, Oliver is with Henry," Sidney told me, and it clicked suddenly.
"Oh..."
"You miss him, eh?"
I nodded and he led me back to bed, tucking me in and shutting out the light.
"Just get some sleep and you'll see him soon, I promise."

4 comments:

haley_says_gawr said...

awhh i think theres a little something in aubs mind that wants to be with sidney again.
ollie and sid need to bond!
maybe all three of them can have a family date!
cant wait for more.

Anna said...

I like that chapter! I;m happy that Sid and aubrey are starting to spend more time together. Maybe she'll take him back?!?!?!

mrsjordanstaal11 said...

Aw, so cute. They want each other, or at least that's my thinking.
I love how Sidney took care of her, so adorable.

As always I completely loved this chapter and can't wait to see where the story goes from here.

Kristyyy said...

Hey! I just spent all day reading this story, and it's great! I've started one story on here xxcrosby87xx.blogspot.com/ and I'm about to post one, which is actually about MAF's sister falling in love with Sid also. Does any one have any other fanfiction stories about Sidney?