Saturday, May 9, 2009

SKATE YOUR LANE;; EIGHTYTHREE

EIGHTYTHREE;;

[AUBRIE'S POV]
I stood off to the side as Sidney showed off our boy to the guys.
"This is Oliver, and he's basically amazing," Sid told them and I held back a laugh. If only he knew...
"Dude, that's a cute baby. The Fleury genes must dominate yours, eh?" Max laughed, softly poking Oliver in the stomach and making him squirm. I watched these boys like a hawk, not wanting them to make him cry.
"The kid's gonna be a freak of nature. His birthday is 8-8-08 and his parents are two purebred hockey players. I'm just throwing this out there, but let's not tell Betteman about this so he doesn't try and draft the poor kid right out of Timbits," Marc-Andre joked and I rolled my eyes.
Truthfully, I wanted Oliver to be good at something like baseball or physics. I'll teach him to skate and play, but it's totally fine with me if he doesn't persue it.
"Hey Brie, was he born with a stick in hand?" Jordan shot, a slight undertone of sarcasm in his voice that I picked up on.
"Ask Marc, he was there," I replied, trying not to snap as I noticed Sidney perk up, like he just figured something out.
"Hey, I hate to burst this little moment, but we gotta go," Matt Cooke announced and Sidney came over to me as the guys began to file out.
"I really don't want to leave, but we have a home game tomorrow.."
I nodded, watching how he held Oliver close to his chest in a protective manner.
"Would you please come back to Pittsburgh? We have to talk about a lot of things," he added.
"Sid- I don't know."
"Please? You can't let me just have this one time with Oliver and then expect me to go without seeing him again.. As soon as I saw him, I was hooked."
"I know the feeling," I nodded, thinking about not only Oliver, but when I first saw Sidney.
"I'll see what my mum says about flying with him.. Then I'll let you know?"
"Yeah, for sure."
"Cool..." I said as the conversation took an awkward silence.
Sidney carefully handed Oliver back to me, giving him a small kiss on the top of his head before quickly kissing my cheek.
"Bye Aubs-- I'll see you soon Ollie," he grinned, grabbing his things and walking out.

I drove the two hours to my parent's house and had a long talk with my mother. She told me that she thought I should go and stay with Marc for a bit until we get everything sorted out. She could tell I'm not totally myself or remotely happy with the situation right now, but I was trying my hardest to make do.
"I'll call your brother. You go pack for you and Ollie for the next five days," she told me, knowing that the Pens had a three game homestand starting tomorrow.
I packed everything in one suitcase, knowing I still had clothes and things at Marc's as well as Henry's. I had never planned to be gone forever. It was no that I realized how thankful I was that Mum made me get Oliver a passport. She knew something like this would happen.
"Aubrie, I called the airport a few miles away- you're flying into Montreal at six am, then to Pittsburgh," Mum called to me up the stairs and I groaned, I had just finished putting Oliver to bed and she was shouting. I shut the lights out and rushed down to quiet her.

By one pm the next day we were at Marc-Andre's apartment. Oliver didn't exactly like the plane ride, so now he was taking a nap all coddled up in his blanket against his pillow on the living room floor.
Marc and I sat and talked at the kitchen counter so I could keep an eye on the sleeping Oliver.
"I can keep an eye on him while you go talk to Sid," Marc offered and I let out a laugh.
"What?" he asked, confused as to why I found this hilarious.
"You? Watch a baby? More importantly, my baby?"
"I've helped you with him before!"
"I think I'll just take him with me," I told him, "Could you call Sid and see what he's doing?"
My brother nodded and grabbed his phone.

"Hey Sid? Yeah, it's Marc. What are you up to? Lunch, ah? Well do you want to come over and hang with me after?" Marc shot me a smile, knowing he was making things much easier by doing so.
"Cool, see you in half an hour. Bye."
"You're awesome!" I grinned.
"I'll go out when he comes over. Is there anything you need?"
"There's a carseat from the baby shower at the Lemieux's, I think.. I'll need it if I plan on going anywhere," I said after a few seconds of thought.
"Ok, I can go pick it up and stuff."
"Merci bien, Marc," I smiled gratefully.

Sidney arrived around two; Marc-Andre greeted him at the door.
"Hey, come on in."
"Dude, I just had the best sandwich at-" Sidney started as soon as he walked in, "No way!"
I looked up from the couch, watching Sidney grin as he saw Oliver, who was still asleep.
"Ssh," I hushed them, and the boys nodded.
"Bye guys," Marc waved, then made his not-so-subtle exit.
"Why'd he leave?" Sidney asked, sitting on the floor with his back against the couch. Obviously it wasn't as subtle as I thought.
"He had to go run some errands? And I think he wanted to give us some space."
"Yeah... I'm glad you decided to come!"
"Well, like you said. I couldn't let you spend half an hour with Oliver once and never again. If I were smart that's what I'd do. You don't deserve to know Ollie like I do."
"What do you mean, I don't deserve to? He's as much a part of me as he is of you," Sidney argued, but I knew I could fight back.
"Yeah, but I didn't abandon him because I was being short sighted with you."
"That's something we need to talk about," he admitted with a sigh.
"Uh, it's the first thing we should discuss," I stressed, "But are we going to be able to act civil or are we gonna wake Oliver up with our yelling?"
"I think we'll be ok. We've both had our time apart to really think about everything."
I nodded in agreement, moving to sit on the floor so I could re-cover Oliver with his blanket.

"Let me start off by saying that I overreacted a little when I found out about you being such good friends with Carey."
"A little?" I asked, rolling my eyes.
"Ok, I flipped out. But the guys made me think it was so much more than it was," Sidney told me.
"And now that I look back at it, it was stupid of me to be so secretive. If I had just been all, 'Oh hey, Carey Price and I are friends' I bet this whole thing could have been avoided."
"Actually.. Maybe not. You said it yourself. I'm competetive. I think I would have acted similarily," he said honestly. I could tell he hated to say that, but I knew he meant it.
"But the amazing relationship we had wouldn't have ended.."
"No, it wouldn't have. But I was just so wriled up when I confronted you, I didn't stop to think about what I was doing. Now look at us; I missed out on the first six months of Oliver's life. I'm not going to ever get that time back, and it's my fault."
"It's not totally your fault.. I'm to blame too."
Sidney was being totally honest and sincere; he kept eye contact with me the entire time he spoke, then glanced down self-consciously.
"So tell me everything I need to know about this little guy. And I mean everything," Sid chuckled, and I felt a smile spread across my face.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

okay so I loved it as usual but it was too short! YOU ARE KILLING ME! lol I really did love it though! You just have a way with words! This is my favorite FanFic handsdown! :)

Heather said...

Yay! An update!!

I do agree though, it was much too short. I need to know if Aubrie and Sidney are getting back together! C'mon Parker, we need more information!!

Katie said...

ahhhhh I love it! I can't wait for the next update!

Molly said...

aw an updatee!!!

sid and aubrie BETTER get back together!
i can just imagine little ollie's life without a daddy, it would suck, not to mention Aubrie would be miserable.

great chapter =]

mrsjordanstaal11 said...

First of all, I love the boys' comment, I can totally see them saying everything.

Second, I'm so glad that she went back to Pittsburgh. I really hope that they can work things out, it would crush me if they didn't.

I can't wait to see what you have planned.

haley_says_gawr said...

ahh im so happy you updated! :D
marc wanting to watch the baby was cute haha.
i hope things work out. its depressing to know sidney didn't get to see his son or anything.
i just hope everything goes smoothly.

Just a Fan said...

Wow, I read the whole thing in the past two days. I could not stop reading!! Can't wait to see more updates!