Thursday, July 16, 2009

SKATE YOUR LANE;; NINETYONE

NINETYONE;;

[SIDNEY'S POV]
Colby and I took Oliver to Maxime's apartment on the South Side, where all of the guys were already waiting. Marc-Andre immediately took Oliver from me, speaking to him softly in French. Since Aubrie wanted him to grow up bilingual, her parents an Marc spoke French while she spoke English; hopefully it would work.
We all sat around in the living room playing Xbox and chilling, talking about whatever came up.
"So, Sid. Did you call that guy about the house Aubrie was looking at, like I said to?" Jordan asked, catching Marc's attention.
"Yeah, I did," I nodded, "And she didn't get the house, I just know it."
"Was that who she was talking to earlier?" Colby asked and I nodded, "Who else would call her at the Lemieux's?"
"Wait, let me get this straight," Flower started, "You influenced the guy so my sister couldn't get a hose? What the-" I watched him cover my son's ears, "hell is your problem?!"
"That is pretty low," Tanger agreed, not looking away from the game he was playing on the TV.
"I'm gonna help her find a different place. Just maybe one for the three of us.." I muttered.
"Dude, are you settling down?" Max asked, taking a swig of his beer.
"No," I lied, "I'm just doing what's best for my kid."
"Yeah, right. If you weren't settling you'd be out at Diesel with us picking up chicks," TK laughed.
"Whatever," I shrugged, bringing up another topic.
Sure, I felt bad telling that guy not to lease Aubrie the house, but it'd be for the best in the long run, as long as she doesn't find out.
As we left, Marc came out to the car with me, Colby and Oliver.
"I can't keep a thing like what you did from my sister. Either you tell her or I will."
"I'd do what he says, Siddo. You don't want to mess with the Aubster. She'll wreck you if Flower tells her instead of you," Colby agreed.
"Ok, ok!" I gave in, getting Oliver into his car seat in the Range Rover and saying bye to the guys.

When we got home, Nathalie told me that Aubrie was sleeping on the couch in the basement; she had been using all of her spare time to try and catch up on her sleep. It made me feel guilty for some reason.
Colby and I decided to let her sleep, so I put Oliver down for a well-deserved nap then hit my room with my best friend.
"I feel like such a girl, spilling my feelings and stuff to you," I admitted.
"Well you gotta tell someone," Colby laughed.
"Thanks for putting up with me," I chuckled, tossing him a 360 controller.
We played Call of Duty 4 until Austin came to get us for dinner. I went and checked on Oliver, who was still asleep- TK and Colby had him crawling like crazy.
Apparently Aubs was worn out too, because she wasn't at dinner. Half way through the meal I saw her walk past the dining room towards her room and I looked to Nathalie and Mario.
"She's had a long day," Mario said blatantly, leaving no room for discussion.

I quickly helped with the dishes then went back to see what Aubrie was doing. Colby and I peeked into the room and saw her on the bed looking through the newspaper with a sharpie in hand.
"Well, I'm gonna take off. I'll see you all tomorrow," Colby announced, waving awkwardly as he left.
"He's so ridiculous," Aubrie laughed, folding up the newspaper as I sat on the bed beside her.
"So, I didn't get the house.. I'm looking for another though! I don't want to be a bother here," she told me, a clear look of disappointment on her face.
"I know," I admitted.
"What? Did Mario tell you?"
"No... Actually, I called the owner to ask him some questions and he asked if I was moving in too, so I said no, but we have a kid together," I was telling the truth for the most part.
"You're the reason I can't move into the place? Sid.." I could tell she was struggling for words, "Why would you do that?"
"I didn't mean to.." I tried.
"Liar," she had caught me.
"Ok, yeah. I was hoping that if you didn't get his house, we could find one together and stuff."
"Why didn't you just tell me that in the first place instead of saying you were fine with it? You didn't need to go behind my back," she sighed.
"I'm sorry, it was just an impulse."
"Stuff like this really makes me rethink why I came back to Pittsburgh," she told me, "But then I look at Oliver when he's with you, and I see every reason to stay."
I could tell that Aubrie was upset with me, but she wasn't reacting like she used to. I had expected her to freak out and leave, but this girl was being rational and calm; it surprised me completely.
"Anyways, Mario and I looked online for houses while you and Colbs were out. So far we found a few interesting ones."
"Well, we can go check them out Wednesday or Thursday if you want," I tried to make amends, and it was working.
"Sounds good," she smiled, giving me a warm hug.

[AUBRIE'S POV]
Tuesday night Oliver and I went to Sid's game against Colby and the Thrashers. Even though I was in Mario's box again, I had very little interaction with Troy. I noticed him glancing over at Oliver as well as myself throughout the night.. But it didn't really bother me that the man wasn't trying to get involved; Oliver has two overly loving grandparents in Sorel. Though it did amuse me that Nathalie cared more than I did. She would try and start up a conversation, only to be shot down by both of us.
Around the last five minutes of the game, it was 6-2 Pens and Oliver was getting fussy, so I took him out to walk around the concourse.
I stood on the main floor at the entrance to section 113, looking down on the game while comforting my baby.
A group of teenage girls were standing to my right just staring at me.
"Um, I'm sorry to bother you, but I'm pretty sure I know you from somewhere," the blond closest to me took the initiative.
"Oh? I don't think I know you," I told her, rubbing Oliver's back as I spoke, knowing that my voice soothed him.
"You used to coach hockey at my school. I go to Langley," she started, but one of the brunettes continued
"Fluery. You're Marc-Andre Fleury's sister! You have a baby?"
This awkward conversation continued until the game ended. They kept trying to figure out what else they knew about me, and I wasn't saying anything until it accidentally slipped.
"Sorry, I've got to go meet up with Sid. It was nice talking to you all."

Sidney and I said goodbye to Colby before he got on their bus, then we went back to the Lemieux's. It was past Oliver's bedtime, so I put him to bed while Sidney took a shower.
"Good game, eh?" I asked him when he came to say good night.
"Yeah, thanks," he nodded, "Hey, you know that the condo is always an option for you, right? In case the whole hose thing doesn't pan out.."
"Merci, Sid. But I hope that we find a house. I know your dad is staying at the condo... And no offense, but he and I just don't get along. Tonight at the game only reiterated it. We didn't say a word to one another, and I was fine with it."
"My mom is coming out if we get into the playoffs.. Maybe you two will get along?"
"I hope so."
"She can make my dad see what he's missing."
"That would be really great, Sid. Can we talk more about this tomorrow? I'm exhausted, and I bet you are too," I yawned, sliding into the bed.
"Ok. I'll see you in the morning.. Then the house hunt will begin," he nodded, kissing my cheek and shutting out the lights as he left the room.

6 comments:

mrsjordanstaal11 said...

At least Aubrie understood why Sid did it.
I love Colby and how he's there for Sid.
I hope that they can find a house. =]
Can't wait for more.

parks♥ said...

I had a huge fight planned because of what he did. But then I was like "Eh. They've fought enough for a while. Time to make peace"
=]

Heather said...

I wish I could write a good comment tonight, but I think my brain is mush...

Great chapter Parker, you know I love it.

PS It wasn't lame.

Charlottiie said...

Great chapter! I just love this story, I'm glad they didn't fight about it.

Anonymous said...

I really hope you update this story soon!

parks♥ said...

I'm almost done with 92!
=D

Had a little decision to make about what would happen, but I made up my mind and am trying to finish up.