Friday, August 28, 2009

SKATE YOUR LANE;; NINETYFOUR

NINETYFOUR;;

The days leading up to the end of the season were pretty hectic. When Sid wasn't at practice, he was helping me pack his things and furniture shop. Most of my belongings were already in boxes being shipped from Sorel or were at Henry's in the spare room I once resided in.
When Sidney left for Montreal on Friday, I enlisted Vienna's help.
We went and looked at decor for the kitchen, living room and anything else we could think of. Sid and I had already decided on all of our decorating plans and colour schemes, so I didn't need him by my side to pick out towels for our bathroom.

"So are you excited to finally be doing this? Settling down with Sidney, I mean," Vienna asked as we ate sandwiches in my new kitchen.
"In a way, yeah. I never imagined it happening under such circumstances though," I said as I nodded to Oliver, who was just relaxing in his motorized swing, "I don't want Sid to feel like he's trapped."
"Oh please. You know that even if you two didn't have that adorable baby boy he would still be head over heels for you," Vienna assured me.
"After the whole Carey Price thing? I doubt it. But all I'm sure of is that I can't mess up now."
"That's what relationships are about! You have to be able to make mistakes and get through them together," the insightful woman said to me.

A bit later, the movers came with the furniture and a bunch of boxes so I could try and speed up the whole process.
While I directed the men, Vienna kept an eye on Oliver, to which I was very grateful for.
The week before, we had painted the majority of the interior, so we didn't have to deal with the gross fumes. Everything seemed to be coming together.
The movers were done by the time the Pen's last game of the season came on and I was glad to be able to sit on a couch and watch.
"This house is gonna look great when you're done with it," Vienna grinned as I held Ollie close, feeling the sudden twinge of missing Sidney.
"Yeah, I hope it matches how I'm picturing it."
I wanted a contemporary, modern look with homey touches.
In the living room, there were shelves already built in to the wall where the TV stood so we could put up trophies, awards, photos or whatever we saw fit.
Before Sidney had left, he set his favourite stick from Juniors leaning up against the shelf, so I put my favourite with it, which had made him extremely happy.
"Interesting decorations.. Bringing your passion out subtly," Vienna noticed.
"Sid loves symbolic stuff like that. He can't wait to put up nets in the back yard," I laughed.

After the Pens won three to one over the Habs, Vienna went home and I put Oliver to bed in his nearly-finished room.
I spent a few more hours doing laundry, making my new bed, straightening up and trying to stay up until Sidney got back.
At three am, I got a call from someone that caught my attention.
"Hello?"
"Hey Brie, it's Bill." I had a bizarre feeling about Papa Guerin calling.
"What's up?"
"Well, I just wanted to know where to drop Sid off. He's a bit tipsy after our little celebration and I'm not letting him drive."
"Oh, okay! You can just bring him to our house," I nodded.
"Ooh, I get to see the new place! Cool, I'll have him there soon."
Once I hung up, I heard a key in the lock of the front door, and in walked Sidney.
He was wearing a handsome, subtly striped suit and a pressed white dress shirt with a cute, black and silver chunky striped tie.
It stunned me how put together he appeared.
"Aubrie, I'm home!" he grinned, putting down his equipment bag and suitcase so he could give me a hug.
"You're not drunk at all," I mused, taking in his fresh, clean scent with a hint of his cologne.
"I wasn't sure if you were here or not, so I had Billy call you," Sid smiled, taking a long look at me, "What are you doing up still?"
"Laundry, cleaning up, the movers came today... And guess what they brought," I couldn't help but flash a devious smile up at Sidney as I played with the lapels for his suit jacket.
"What, the couches?" he asked, playing dumb.
"Nope. Try again," I uttered just above a whisper, pulling at his tie, bringing him close for a kiss.
"Ahh. I suppose you want to go break in the new bed then?"
I nodded eagerly, taking his hand after locking the fron tdoor, then pulled him upstairs to our room.
Sid kept stopping to look at what I had arranged and unpacked, which was getting on my nerves.
"Fine Sidney. If you don't want to, I'll just go to sleep," I threatened, making him whirl around to stop me.
"Oh no you don't. You're not getting off that easy," he chuckled, giving me a long overdue kiss that made me lose my breath.

Oliver was up at his normal 8:30, and since Sid didn't have practice until two, we spent the morning just laying in bed with Ollie in between us.
"I love mornings like these," I admitted, moving all of my hair over my right shoulder.
"Well, our first game of the playoffs isn't until Wednesday."
"You nervous?" I asked, smiling softly.
"I'm more excited, but still a little nervous. Do you think we could invite the guys over for a little house warming party?"
"That sounds awesome, but the house isn't anywhere near being done," I laughed, smiling even more as Oliver mimicked me.
"When do you think he'll start talking?" Sid asked as he watched the boy intently. I knew he couldn't wait to hear his first words.
"Soon, I hope! He's been making word-like sounds!"

When Sid came back from practice, he informed me that the little get together would be tonight.
Somehow I managed to throw it all together, and the guys and their wives started showing up around seven.
Sidney was dressed in slacks and a dress shirt, while I wore a slimming black cocktail dress and simple heels. We dressed Oliver in a cute jumper that matched the main colours in Sid's shirt, which all of the women adored.
Everyone mingled, eating h'or dourves, complimenting the house and all of that formal party stuff.
Sid had taken Oliver to chill with the men, and not long after I spotted Jordan carrying my baby.
"I'm sorry. You'll have to excuse me," I told Vero, Oksana, and Mrs. Gonchar before heading after the Staal boy.

"Jordan," I hissed, making him stop as he reached the second floor of my house.
"Yeah?" he asked, holding onto Ollie carefully.
"Just what do you think you're doing?"
"What do you mean?" Jordan replied.
"Who do you think you are, carrying my son around my house? I can't believe.. No. You know what, just give him to me. It's almost his bedtime." I shot Jordan a glare, taking Oliver out of his arms. I was furious at the nerve of this man.
"Look, you obviously have something against me, and you always have. I don't care anymore, so get over it and please don't try and handle my son."
With that said, I wend back down stairs for a bit before having to thank everyone for coming to our little get together and that we'd have to do it again soon.

With everyone gone, I put Oliver to bed and had a talk with Sidney about Jordan.
"He was just trying to help. He offered to walk Oliver around because he was getting too antsy.."
"No. He doesn't like me at all. He's not going to help me at all," I said from the bathroom as I finished brushing my teeth.
"Oh, and just so you know.. My mom's coming to town on Tuesday," Sid decided to tell me now.
"What?" I gaped, grabbing the nearest damp washcloth and hurling it at him, "That is not funny at all, mister!"
"I'm being totally serious," he chuckled, picking me up and tossing me onto the bed, teasingly unbuttoning his shirt while I laid there, fake-seething so he would continue.

7 comments:

parks♥ said...

Oh, and this is the photo that made me write this entire chapter.

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i304/pirategnome/SIDNEY/sidfierce.jpg

Molly said...

loveloveloved this chapter!
hah jordan. and a baby? can't see those 2 things together!

wonder what's the deal between those 2...

mrsjordanstaal11 said...

So I love the picture and the one at the top, he looks good in a Canada jersey.
I loved the chapter, I'm so glad that things are working out between them again.
I rememeber that game clearly, two short handed goals on the same penalty.
I love Billy! I have called him Daddy to his face.
I want to know what's up with Jordan too, I love that man.
Can't wait for more.

Carrie said...

I truely don't think Sid can take a bad picture. Well, besides some of his earlier years. But I think I can forgive him for that.

Awh, Jordy & Ollie.. that's so cuteeee! I'm interested with this hating on Jordan bit. I find it quite hard to hate him.

Amazing chapter as always! Can't wait for another. :)

Genosgirl71 said...

staalsy and a baby that is a disaaster waiting to happen!!!!!
An I to am curious about this Jordan thing

87 ♥ said...

soo good,
update again soon!

oh and how could I send u my email so I could read ur private blog ?

parks♥ said...

You can just Direct Message it to me on Twitter or to my email and I'll add you.

I can only add people based on their email.. I wish I could just give out a password instead.

And hahhahah. There's some foreshadowing going on all up in this chapter.