Saturday, March 6, 2010

SKATE YOUR LANE;; ONEHUNDREDONE

ONE HUNDRED AND ONE:

Summer practically flew by, and before we knew it I was getting ready to leave for Sorel.
All of our plans were in place; Sid's day, Oliver's party, and our big day. Everything was ready to go and we were both on pins and needles with excitement.
"Okay, so you've got everything you need for tomorrow, right?" I asked, grabbing my backpack as we ran through the procedure one more time.
"Yes dear," Sidney rolled his eyes, looking at Oliver who was in his arms, "Say, 'Yeah mom!'"
Oliver had become a little chatterbox and as soon as he started trying to walk, we were constantly chasing him around the house.
"Yeah!" Ollie cheered and I laughed, giving my little boy a kiss.
"Kisses!" Sidney chuckled, tickling Oliver and making him giggle.
"Let's take mommy to the airport!"
Driving to the small airport, I triple checked everything with Sidney, making sure he would call me if anything happened.
"I got it! Calm down, everything will be fine," Sidney promised, giving me a hug and kiss after I said goodbye to Ollie.
"Alright. I'll meed you guys in Cole Harbour tomorrow night?"
"That's the plan! I'll miss you.."
"I'm gonna miss you too."
We said our goodbyes, then I went to catch my flight.

Marc-Andre's day with the Cup was hilarious to say the least.
He started off the morning with a bowl of cereal courtesy of Lord Stanley.
"Hey, I can still taste the champagne!" my brother grinned, making us crack up.
After breakfast we took family pictures with the Cup, and Vero was in a few with us too.
Then we went out to the lake, where practically all of Sorel had gathered for the celebration.
I stood on shore in my shorts and a purple v-neck, watching Marc-Andre take the Cup out on his boat through my sunglasses.
"Aubrie?" I heard, and my head jerked to the right, spotting a woman I hadn't seen in years.
"I knew that was you! See mom, I told you I was right," the girl told her mother, and her father simply looked at me.
"Hi Katie.. Gregor, Vivienne," I nodded, smiling at Nate's parents and sister.
"We haven't seen you in so long.. What have you been up to?" Katie asked, "We know what's going on with Marc."
"Uh.. Nothing much.. I've been keeping myself pretty busy though," I shrugged, watching my brother's boat stall, knowing that the rope had gotten caught in the propeller like usual.
"I don't think being engaged to the biggest NHL player and being his baby mama is nothing much," Katie shot.
"We hear all about Sidney from your mother. What's your son's name again?" Vivienne asked bitterly.
"His name is Oliver, and I'd appreciate it if you didn't take that tone with me."
"How can she not?" Gregor asked, "We saw that Crosby propose to you on TV. That should have been Nate."
"Seriously? I'm sorry, but Nate has been gone for three years. You didn't expect me to sit around and be alone for the rest of my life, did you? Sidney is the one for me. I know it seemed like Nate and I would have made it, but I caught him with another girl - we wouldn't have lasted," I told them, even though I knew I didn't have to explain myself.
"I don't know if I'm disappointed or ashamed," the man shook his head and my jaw dropped.
"It's not your place. You're not my family, therefore I don't really care about your opinions of what I do," I told them, "Now if you'll excuse me, I'd like to help my brother enjoy his well deserved day with the Stanley Cup."

Throughout the day, Sidney sent me pictures of what he and Oliver were doing.
The most recent was of them with hockey tape on their cheeks like blackout, their hair sticking up like tough guys.
The whole time, I noticed Katie and her parents shooting me looks and probably talking about me, but I didn't care.
This was Marc's day, no one else.
"You know he's probably just using you," Katie said to me as I watched my brother saying goodbye to the Cup before the Keepers took it.
"Excuse me?" I asked, not even looking at the twenty-five year old girl.
"You think it's sheer coincidence that the best NHL player and a promising hockey natural get together and have a kid that is probably going to be the greatest thing on skates."
This girl obviously still felt like it was my fault that Nate wasn't here.
"Katie, don't. Don't start this. Sidney and I are getting married, our son wasn't a coincidence and that wouldn't change even if Nate were alive," I told her, holding my phone as it vibrated; I had a text.
I guess it was dinner time, because this picture was of Oliver and Sid with spaghetti sauce everywhere and I couldn't help but laugh.
Katie shot me a glare and I apologized, showing her the picture message.
"They're really cute," she admitted, "I bet you and Sidney are great together.. Despite what my parents and I think."
"We seriously are. My boys are the best thing that's happened to me in a long time," I nodded.
"I'm happy for you, Brie."
"Thanks," I smiled, giving her a hug and Marc-Andre came over to us.
"Stanley's gone!" he fake sobbed, making us roll our eyes.
"You had a good day though, didn't you?" I asked.
"Yeah.."
"Then shut up!" Katie finished.
"You guys are just as mean as you used to be.. Mom says it's time for dinner."
"Alright!"
I told Katie goodbye, then went with Marc.

Right as I finished dinner, Sidney called me.
"Hey, what's up?" I asked, sitting on the living room couch of my parent's house.
"I'm about to leave for home.. I can't find the bag you packed for Oliver," Sidney sounded stressed.. Like he had looked everywhere he possibly could before calling me.
"It's on a chair in the dining room," I told him, and then I heard a sigh of relief.
"There it is! Thanks babe!"
"No problem. So did you two have a good day? I loved the pictures you sent me.."
"Yeah, it was great! Oliver, don't go under the coffee table," Sidney yelped, then I heard a thud and Oliver started crying.
"Hey I gotta go. He just thunked his head on the table. I love you and I'll pick you up from the airport."
"Okay. Love you too. Give Ollie a hug and kiss for me," I told him, saying bye and hanging up.

When I arrived in Cole Harbour, Trina picked me up instead of Sidney.
We greeted each other warmly, and once we were in her car we got to talking.
"Just wondering, but why didn't Sid come?" I asked, very curious.
"He was giving Oliver a bath before putting him to bed. I didn't want to interrupt him," she told me, "Plus it will give him some time to talk to Troy."
Apparently Sid's father was in an uproar when he got our wedding invitation.
"I know it's crazy that it's so soon, but truthfully Sidney and I are really impatient."
"Oh I believe that!" Trina laughed.
We talked until we got to her home, which I had never been to before.
When we walked in, I heard a sudden clang and jumped.
"Sidney is in the basement," Trina said, showing me the way.
I entered the basement and saw the famous dryer, then I saw Sidney taking shots at it.

"Hey," I announced, barely catching his attention.
"Hi," he nodded, shooting one more puck into the open machine before setting the stick on the wall.
"Your mom said you gave Ollie a bath," I laughed.
"Yeah, well you saw how dirty we got at dinner!" Sidney smiled, pulling me into a hug, "You're a sight for sore eyes."
"What happened with your dad?" I asked, having a feeling that it was bothering him.
Sid let go of me and ran a hand through his hair, making it stick up everywhere.
"Oh just the usual. He yelled at me for being an idiot and throwing my life away, which I'm obviously not doing. I said some things, he said stuff.. Now Oliver is sleeping and I'm down here venting."
"You don't need his approval if you're happy," I told him, picking up the stick he had just put down.
"I know, but it would be nice if he was on board," he said as he watched me scoop up a puck and flick it at the dryer and miss horribly.
"Not as easy as you thought, eh?" Sidney laughed.
"I haven't spent my whole life shooting at it like someone," I retorted, and the next puck I hit went in.
I noticed Sidney giving me a look, so I put the stick back and pulled him in for a kiss.
Pushing him back against the wall, I smiled at the thought of being in control.
"What is this?" he asked, setting his hands on my hips.
"Just a little something," I shrugged, kissing his neck and making him hold back a moan.
"Aubrie," he muttered, making me stop.
"Hm?" I asked, running my fingers through his hair and messing it up even more.
"My parents are upstairs."
"I know. That's the point," I grinned then kissed him roughly.
"You liked when Mario caught us in his kitchen!" Sidney realized.
"Maybe.."
"That's pretty hot, actually," Sid admitted, and we continued what we were doing.
After a few minutes though, Trina came in and ruined our fun.
"Your child is up and he's not too happy," she told us, trying to ignore the fact that she had just stumbled upon her son playing tonsil hockey.

8 comments:

Katie said...

Oh that's the worst when parents catch you!..haha. I liked it can't wait for more:)

Trish said...

This was such a great chapter!
Sidney is so cute with Ollie, and well Troy is just an idiot : )

Can't wait for more!

Lexi said...

So, I congratulated you when you got to 100 so I'll congratulate you for 101(:
haha, Sid is so freaking cute with his son!! It makes me want a baby, but only with Sid.....but not like that. Okay this is going bad places time to stop.
Sid is like theee perfect father, seriously. So cute!! And Marc was funny with his whole stanley is gone thing haha. Troy is a moron, god just when I think he can't get any worse BAM he does. Loved it!!

Anonymous said...

You just can't post enough of this story!! I like it so!


-elle

Anonymous said...

LOVED IT!!! just wondering if you were doing weekly updates now. i cant wait for more.

parks♥ said...

I'm trying to do weekly updates..
After being in such a rut with this story, I struck a creative streak and I'm running with it.
I'll be in Pittsburgh this Wednesday to Saturday, so I probably won't update this week.

I think I may do the next chapter in Sid's pov at the time this one occurred.
Thoughts?

Anonymous said...

ILY PARKAHHHHH :) Guess who btww .

mrsjordanstaal11 said...

As always, I loved it. They're happy and that's all that matters, Troy can just deal.

As I've said multiple times, Sid is amazing with Ollie. =]

Can't wait for more.